General booking terms
- A booking is only considered secure when a deposit has been confirmed, and an invoice has been sent.
- If you wish to have a trial before booking, the date can be held for three weeks, in which time you will be booked in for a trial. You then have one week after the trial to decide whether you would like to go ahead or not. Further trials may be taken at a later date for an extra charge.
- Quotes are valid for one month from the date given. After this time, it may be liable to change. Packages secured with a deposit will not incur any price changes, regardless of how far in advance the Wedding Date is.
Your date is secured with a non-refundable deposit of 30%, or a minimum of £70. In the event of cancellation from your part, the deposit will not be refunded, under any circumstances. In the highly unlikely event that I should cancel your booking, your deposit will be refunded back to you, and an alternative artist will be organized (your are not obliged to proceed with replacement artist). With the exception of the following circumstances, where you will not receive your deposit back:
- Unreasonable behavior towards myself and/or any colleagues (where applicable), from yourself or any other member of your Bridal Party. Unreasonable behavior is defined by; Abusive Language/Manner, unreasonable demands that I and/or any colleagues (where applicable) am not capable of meeting, Violence, expectations that I and/or any colleagues (where applicable) work in an environment that could put myself, and/or others at risk.
Payments & Cancellations
In the event of cancellation, you will lose any deposits and/or payments previously made. The following terms will be applied to any cancellations:
- Cancellation 10 weeks prior to the Wedding Day, will incur a 50% charge of the final balance.
- Cancellations six weeks prior to the Wedding Day, will incur a 75% charge of the final balance.
- Cancellations four weeks to the Wedding Day will be liable to pay the full balance.
- Bookings for trials are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy, whereby if a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the agreed appointment, you will be charged the full trial fee (travel fees, where applicable, will not be charged).
- Payments for trials are due at the trial appointment.
The remaining balance for your package is due one week prior to your Wedding Day. If payment is not received on the agreed date, a reminder will be sent. If the reminder is not acknowledged, and the balance paid within four days, I reserve the right to cancel your booking.
Invoice amendments can be made anytime up to six weeks prior to the booked date. After this time, a decrease in services will incur a surcharge of £50. An increase in services will be accommodated where possible, but cannot be guaranteed due to timings.
A trial can be taken at any point that you choose, and can take place either at your Artist’s base (where applicable), or at your chosen location for an additional travel charge. Travel charges are 40p per mile (round trip), with the first 25 miles free of charge (for example, you are 40 miles away. 40 x 2 = 80, 80-25 miles there= 55, 55-25miles back = 30, 30 x 40p = £12 travel to pay).
Trials on an evening or weekend may incur an added surcharge of £20.
Trials cannot be booked on Bank holidays.
Trials are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy, whereby a cancellation made within 48 hours of the agreed appointment, will incur a charge for the full amount.
Trials are charged at a discounted rate to normal charges for a Hair & Makeup service, therefore you will only be entitled to one trial at the discounted rate stated in your invoice. Additional trials will be charged at full rate (£85-£95 for Hair & Makeup, £55-£60 for just Hair OR Makeup, plus travel where applicable).
You are not limited to a certain number of trials, but I reserve the right to refuse another trial if I feel it would not be beneficial to your Wedding Package.
Wedding Morning Preparations
All hair must be washed the NIGHT BEFORE (unless otherwise organized with your stylist), to ensure your style is created to the highest standard. Blowdrys are charged at an additional £30 each.
Your Artist/Stylist will arrive at the agreed time, and have everyone ready an hour before you leave, but will remain with you until a few minutes before you go (unless otherwise organized).
Confirmation of all timings will be sent one-two weeks prior to your Wedding Day, please notify us of any changes that need to be made no later than this point. Please ensure your Bridal Party Members are aware of the mornings’ timings to ensure a smooth running, and calm environment for your preparations.
A £20 surcharge will be applied to the following circumstances:
- Trials booked on an evening, or weekend.
A £40 surcharge will be applied to the following circumstances. If circumstances include more than one of the following, the surcharge will be a maximum of £60:
- Starts prior to 8am
- Events on a Bank Holiday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day
A £60 surcharge will be applied to the following circumstances:
- A request from yourself, for an assistant, where it is feasible that your Artist is able to complete the package by themself. (Where it is essential that an assistant is required, as decided by myself, this surcharge will not be payable).
Any other charges incurred, such as Hotel Rooms, Parking, or commissions charged by your venue, will also be added to your invoice.
Please state below whether you agree to your photos being used by the Megan Green Hair & Makeup Agency.
Yes/No (Delete as appropriate)
Please also state below if you consent to a photo being uploaded to social media shortly after your Wedding Ceremony (The Megan Green Hair & Makeup Agency will never share pictures from your trial, or the morning, before your ceremony).
Yes/No (Delete as appropriate)
By agreeing to the above, you consent to your Photographs (Photographers permission will also be obtained) being used for advertising such as (and not limited to):
- Social Media
- Printed articles and Adverts
- Online advertisements by The Megan Green Hair & Makeup.